Monday, April 29, 2019

Roasted Cauliflower with Black Beluga Lentils (No Added Fat)

I have enjoyed making roasted cauliflower as I first described this past January. I thought I'd make a cauliflower and lentil dish. I roasted half a head of cauliflower florets, tossed with 4 cloves of garlic and coconut aminos (soy sauce would have been fine, too) for 15 minutes with convection bake in my air fryer at 400°F. I removed the cauliflower and, after letting it cool for a few minutes, coarsely chopped the garlic into maybe 1/4" pieces.

While the cauliflower was cooking, I simmered black beluga lentils in a combination of vegetable broth and water for 20m. When the lentils were done, I mixed in the cauliflower and garlic.
Results

Dinner was good! We all enjoyed the combination for the main course.

Ideas for the future

Cauliflower is good raw, but is especially good roasted. I should make roasted cauliflower more often - it's so easy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home