Thursday, December 06, 2018

Anasazi Beans with Fresh Tomato, Quinoa with Cranberry Sauce (No Added Fat)

I prepared Anasazi beans in my my Instant Pot pressure cooker by soaking for 8 hours then cooking with just enough water to cover for 23m. I put the beans in a large Saladmaster skillet pan after sauteing, without oil or anything else, shallot slices. I mixed in bell pepper, salt, and cumin, and cooked for a few minutes. I then added 1/2" cubes of fresh tomato and cooked for another 2 minutes or so.

I served alongside some quinoa that I had made (1 part quinoa to two parts water and a vegan bouillon cube, brought to a boil and then, with the heat off but covered, let stand for 10m or so). Originally, I was going to experiment with using cranberry sauce mixed into the beans, but I had purchased some tasty organic cranberry sauce that tasted so good that I decided to top the quinoa with the sauce so that the sauce could be used by itself, with the quinoa, or with the beans, as each of us desired.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

I should indeed experiment with mixing cranberry sauce - maybe even fresh cranberries appropriately sweetened or otherwise tempered - in with ingredients like beans.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home