Friday, October 12, 2018

Fava Bean with Sweet Potato and Plantain (No Added Fat)

Introductory comments go here. Here is what I did.


Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups sweet potato cut into approx. 3/8" cubes (I used a medium Japanese sweet potato); unpeeled if organic (as mine was)
  • Medium plantain, ripe or not, cut into 1/2" cubes (mine was ripe and, surprsingly, good eating raw, perhaps the first time I've found this to be the case; cut, it made 1 1/4 cups)
  • 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
  • 1t fennel seeds
  • 1/4 t turmeric
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 15 ounce can fava beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1t lime juice
  • 1/2 t salt
  • (optional) jalapeno, hot sauce, or other source of spicy heat to preference (I omitted, but hot sauce would have gone well with this dish)
Process
  1. I put all the ingredients except the beans, lime juice, salt, and optional heat into my Instant Pot pressure cooker and pressure steamed for 9m.
  2. After the cooking was done, I waited a few minutes and gently released pressure, then mixed in the remaining ingredients.
I served with Pad Thai brown rice noodles.
Results

Pending

Ideas for the future

Pending

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home