Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Black-Eyed Peas with Chickpea Miso and Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Madagascar Pink Rice (No Added Fat)


We are low in groceries as we've not shopped in a number of days, so I was a little concerned about what I'd make today. I succeeded in making something that came out well.

Without adding any liquid or fat or anything else, I sautéed a little onion in a small stock pot, then added chopped roasted red bell pepper. A minute or so later, I added a little water, a tablespoon of chickpea miso, and some black-eyed peas. I cooked, covered, adding a bit more onion and some green bell pepper shortly before serving.

It came out quite well! I served Madagascar pink rice and slices of tomato with black sesame seed (good source of calcium) and hemp seed (with omega-3 fatty acids), as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home