Thursday, January 23, 2014

Asparagus - Potato - Roasted Pepper Saute with Vegan Apple Sage Sausage served w Injera (Almost No Added Fat)

After a photography class that I taught last night (right now, on Wednesdays I'm teaching FFL nutrition and cooking classes in the morning and photography in the evening), I enjoyed dinner with a student at a favorite local restaurant, Queen of Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant. Their vegan platter is always so good, and we love the fermented injera bread. It helps that it is run by a friend of ours who puts her love and home cooked touch on things!

I brought a bit of injera home and made a simple saute with leftover baked potato, asparagus, onion, a vegan apple-sage sausage (10g of fat for the whole sausage, so less than 5g for our serving), and a little bit of marinara sauce. I served it with the injera and some tomato. Other than the sausage, this was a no-added-fat meal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home