Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Acorn Squash Saute with Vegan Apple Sage Sausage

I've been off work since our baby came three weeks early - I had several classes, including one for children ages 5-10, underway, when she arrived. Today I took on some photography workflow tutoring in the afternoon; it went on till the early evening. I rushed home but luckily my wife had had a little snack and her feeding schedule with baby allowed me a little time to get dinner ready.

I prepared what turned out to be a delicious combination dish with acorn squash. I love winter squashes and almost always bake them. They're very nice in risotto, but the squash is difficult to peel and cube. However, I found good organic frozen cubed squash, and used it today. I made a simple saute with onion and herbs - wow, it was good! I served it with a Field Roast Grain Meat Company apple-sage artisanal vegan sausage, French baguette, and salad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home