Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Brussels Sprouts with Seitan and Corn

I sauteed a large shallot bulb, cut into 1/4" wide half moons, as well as a large bulb of elephant garlic, diced into 1/4" cubes. After a few minutes, I added seitan that I had chopped into roughly 1/2" cubes. I sauteed for about five minutes till the seitan started to brown, then added quartered Brussels sprouts and finely chopped jalapeno pepper (about a fifth of a pepper). After another five minutes or so when the sprouts started browning, I added the stripped kernels from an ear of corn, chopped rosemary (maybe a teaspoonful), freshly ground black pepper, and salt. I cooked this for two minutes or so, turned the heat off, and added a little, maybe 1/2 teaspoon, organic mustard (not mustard seed but mustard as in the condiment) for an interesting subtle taste. It came out quite well! (I served it with brown basmati rice.)

2 Comments:

At Fri Apr 20, 08:12:00 AM EDT, Blogger TNL said...

I love brussel sprouts when they are a bit caramelized...like the way yours look...they are so good that way...

 
At Fri Apr 20, 02:37:00 PM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Yes, indeed. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home