Thursday, March 27, 2008

Vegan Chipotle Sausage with Asparagus and Crookneck Squash, Buttercream Potatoes

We had tried spicy Mexican Chipotle sausage by the Field Roast Grain Meat Company some time ago and found it too spicy, but decided to try it again. I'm glad that we did; we liked it in a simple saute that I made with asparagus and yellow crookneck squash.

I started with quartering the sausage on-end, then cut it into sixths lengthwise. I let it start sauteeing for perhaps 4-5 minutes, then added the asparagus, which I had cut into fourths or fifths, and half of a large squash, cut into long chunks. I let it cook for another 3-4 minutes till the squash and asparagus was slightly browned, then served.

I found Buttercream potatoes in the store on Monday. The claim is that they are tastier than other fingerling potatoes, and can be boiled, steamed or baked. I decided to saute these potatoes today, quartered, and added thick strips of a shallot and fresh rosemary needles after 10 minutes or so, when the potatoes were browning. I served a few minutes later, after adding a little salt; the potatoes were good, and I look forward to trying them baked.

1 Comments:

At Fri Mar 28, 12:25:00 AM EDT, Blogger Dilip said...

Thanks, Emily. I just posted! Thanks for creating your vegan treats, and congratulations on the press! --Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home